You never know what kind of scenario might arise in which you are forced to use your firearm for self defense. Adverse weather conditions are certainly a possibility, and operating a firearm in very cold conditions can be surprisingly difficult. While having gloves available is a good idea, they can throw you off a bit if you aren’t accustomed to shooting with them. So, don’t forget to periodically incorporate them into your range time!
The image above features the Glock 42, a great option for concealed carry. Also shown are the Voodoo Tactical Phantom Gloves, which are always on standby in my range bag.
Glock 42 Specs:
- Caliber: .380 Auto
- System: Safe Action
- Length: 151 mm / 5.94 in
- Width: 24 mm / 0.94 in
- Length Between Sights: 125 mm / 4.92 in
- Height: 105 mm / 4.13 in
- Barrel Height: n/a
- Barrel Length: 82.5 mm / 3.25 in
- Unloaded: 390 g / 13.76 oz
- Loaded: ~407 g / ~14.36 oz
- Trigger Pull: ~25 N / ~5.5 lbs
- Trigger Travel: ~12.5 mm / ~0.49 in
- Barrel Rifling: right hand, octagonal
- Length of Twist: 250 mm / 9.84 in
- Magazine Capacity:
- Standard: 6
- More Info: Glock
Voodoo Tactical Phantom Gloves with Knuckle Protector:
- Product Number: 20-9078
- Injection molded thermoplastic knuckle protectors
- Padded palm area, and padded backs of fingers.
- Reinforced leathers in high-wear areas.
- Gathered wrist with 1.5″ hook-n-loop “wrap-strap” for secure fit
- More Info: Voodoo Tactical