Aimpoint Launches CompM5b™ Red Dot Sight
Las Vegas, Nevada – (ArmsVault) – Aimpoint, the originator and worldwide leader in reflex sighting technology, is proud to announce that the Aimpoint® CompM5b™ sight is now being offered for sale worldwide. The Aimpoint CompM5b is a ballistic compensating red dot optic in the CompM5 series of sights. This revolutionary sight allows the user to quickly adjust the position of the 2 MOA red dot based on target distance and wind conditions.
The CompM5b comes with interchangeable turrets that adjust the point of aim for different calibers of ammunition. While shooting, the user can switch between longer and shorter distances without having to compensate ballistic drop or re-zero the sight. Wind compensation can be adjusted on 3 levels – mild, moderate, and severe. Adjustment turrets are customizable to meet specific customer requirements and ballistic profiles.
The CompM5b is the newest member of the CompM5 series of sights and is powered by a single AAA battery. These small and lightweight batteries are inexpensive and easy to find throughout the world. Readily available alkaline versions of the AAA simplify logistics and eliminate the potential shipping hazards inherent in lithium batteries. The CompM5b boasts an extremely long battery life – with over 5 years of continuous use at daylight position 7 and over 10 years of continuous use at the night vision settings. These sights were designed to take up minimal space on the weapon platform while maintaining the same standard of extreme ruggedness and reliability.
- Item No.: 200624
- Operating principle: Reflex Collimator sight with LED and with ballistic turret
- Optical magnification: 1x
- Aiming dot size: 2 MOA
- Dot intensity: Visible against a background luminance of 0,1 to 55 000 lx
- Optical signature: No optical signature is visible at 10 meter distance, front side, on appropriate settings with NVD
- Dot color: Peak Wavelength: 655 ± 15 nm
- NVD compatible: Yes
- Optical coating: Anti-reflex, NVD-Compatible
- Clear aperture: 18 mm (.71 in)
- Eye relief: Unlimited
- Battery type: One AAA size 1.5 V Alkaline LR03 or Lithium FR03
- Battery life – Day time use: 5 years (50 000h) of continuous use at pos. 7, more than 1 year at pos. 8 and more than 10 years at NVD-setting (pos. 1-4)
- Power intensity: 4 NVD and 6 Daylight, of which 1 extra bright
- Length sight only: 83 mm (3.3 in)
- Length conf: 85 mm (3.4 in)
- Width sight only: 49 mm (1.9 in)
- Height sight only: 49 mm (1.9 in)
- Height conf: 68 mm (2.8 in)
- Weight sight only (incl battery): 180 g (6.3 oz)
- Weight conf: 254 g (9 oz)
- Housing material: High Strength Aluminum
- Housing anodized: Yes
- Material mount and spacer std conf: High Strength Aluminum
- Material lens cover: Thermoplastic elastomer, black, non-glare finish
Surface treatment: Hard anodized, matte black
- Height of optical axis – sight and mount: 30 mm (1.2 in) measured from top surface of Picatinny rail
- Height of optical axis – sight, mount and standard spacer: 39 mm (1.5 in) measured from top surface of Picatinny rail
- Adjustment: Range ±1 m at 100 meters (±1 yds at 100 yds) in windage and elevation, 1 click = 10 mm at 100 meters = 8 mm at 80 meters = .36 in at 100 yds
- Temperature range operation: -45 °C to +71 °C (-49 °F to +160 °F)
- Temperature range storage: -51°C to +71°C (-60°F to +160°F)
- Temperature shock: Operable after a temperature shock between -45°C and +71°C (-49°F and +160°F)
- Humidity: Operable during and after Humidity. Limits: RH: 95%, Temp: +20°C to +50°C (+68°F to +122°F), cyclic
- Submersible: To a depth of 45 m (150 ft.)
- Shock: Withstands shock. Limits: X-axis: 500 g, 0.7 – 1.1 ms (3 shocks), Y-axis: 40g ±4g, 11 ±1ms (2 shocks in each direction, Z-axis: 40g ±4g, 11 ±1ms, 2 shocks in each direction.
- Vibration: Withstands Vibration. Limits: Vibration, sinusoidal in a frequency range of 10-150 Hz. Frequency: 10-30 Hz, ±1.587 mm, Frequency: 30-150 Hz. 5.75 g, 1 octave/min. Direction: X, Y and Z, Time: 30 min/direction.
- Chemical resistance: Withstands occasional contamination by weapons cleaners, lubricants, fuels and insect repellents.
- Keyed surface mount: LRP Mount and a Spacer which gives a 39 mm optical axis are included
- Other information for Mechanical Interface: B = Ballistic turret
The CompM5b is an enclosed system and fully submersible up to 150 feet. It is compatible with all generations of Night Vision Devices, as well as Aimpoint’s 3X-C, 3XMag-1, and 6XMag-1 magnifiers. A high-grade optical lens system gives the CompM5b exceptional light transmission and dot clarity, making the sight operationally parallax free. The sight weighs 6.3 oz and the standard configuration with the spacer and mount weighs 9 oz.
For more information on the CompM5b™ sight or any other Aimpoint product, visit the company’s webpage: www.aimpoint.us