For the last month, a back injury has kept yours truly from spending any time at the shooting range. Adding to the physical pain, was the emotional pain of knowing that I was too sore to begin testing the newly received Smith & Wesson M&P15T (Tactical) rifle. But I am now happy to report that the back pain has subsided, and the M&P15T and I have begun the bonding process via our first range trip together.
Since this was the first trip to the range with the M&P15T, I did have to kick things off by zeroing the Burris AR Riflescope. The ammo used for zeroing was American Eagle 223 Rem 55gr FMJ.
So, how did I do with the S&W M&P15T? Given that this was my first time with the rifle, I am thrilled with the results. The following targets from Birchwood Casey are my last 3 targets for the day. From left to right the group sizes are: 1.38″, 1.38″, and .50″!
So, there it is… my back is better, I’m back at the range, and the Smith & Wesson M&P15T is off to a great start! Stay tuned for more testing!
Smith & Wesson M&P15T:
- SKU: 811041
- Model: M&P15T
- Caliber: 5.56 mm NATO
- Capacity: 30 Round Detachable Magazine
- Action: Semi-Auto
- Barrel Length: 16″ / 40.6 cm
- Barrel Twist: 1 in 8″
- Front Sight: Folding Magpul® (MBUS)
- Rear Sight: Folding Magpul® (MBUS)
- Overall Length: 35″ Extended / 32″ Collapsed
- Stock: 6-Position Telescopic
- Weight: 6.85 lbs. / 3,107.1 g
- Barrel Material: 4140 Steel
- Barrel Finish: Durable, Corrosion Resistant Barrel Finish
- Receiver Material: 7075 T6 Aluminum
- Receiver Finish: Hard Coat Black Anodized
- Chromed Components:
- Bolt Carrier
- Gas Key
- Professional / Duty
- Home Protection
- More Info: Smith & Wesson
Burris AR Riflescope 4.5-14x42mm:
- Item Number: 200333, 200334
- Magnification: 4.5-14x
- Reticles: C4 Wind MOA™
- Objective Lens Diameter: 56 mm
- Clear Objective Lens Diameter: 42 mm
- Ocular Lens Diameter: 39 mm
- Finish: Matte
- Focal Plane: RFP
- Main Tube Size: 1 in.
- Field of View: 22 low – 7.5 high (ft. @ 100 yds.)
- Eye Relief: 3.1 – 3.8 in.
- Exit Pupil: 9 low – 3 high (mm)
- Click Value: 1/4 MOA
- Elevation Adjustment, Total Capability: 42 MOA
- Example: 50 MOA is roughly 25 MOA from center.
- Windage Adjustment: 42 MOA
- Example: 50 MOA is roughly 25 MOA in any direction from center.
- Parallax/Focus: Objective PA
- Adjustable Parallax: 50 yds. – infinity
- Length: 13.0 in.
- Weight: 18.0 oz.
- More Info: Burris Optics
HPR 223 Rem 55gr V-MAX Factory Processed Brass:
- Part Number: 223055VMX-R
- Projectile: Hornady VMAX®
- Weight: 55
- Casing: Factory Processed
- Mzl Velocity (FPS): 3216
- 100yd Vel (FPS): 2832
- 300yd Vel (FPS): 2153
- Mzl Energy (FT/LBS): 1263
- 100yd Ene (FT/LBS): 980
- 300yd Ene (FT/LBS): 566
- More Info: HPR Ammunition
Image Notes (Top Image):