Last weekend I finally had a chance to test the Windham SRC with a magnified riflescope (Nikon M-223 4-16×42). The rifle performed very well, and with the right shooter and ammo, is probably capable of 1″ groups (or less) at 100 yards. I’ll continue to work towards that later. But for now, I have the Trijicon MRO that I have been dying to get to the range!
As you can see in the above image, the MRO is mounted, as well as the Samson Quick Flip Sights. Honestly, although the rifle did very well with the riflescope, to me the SRC just feels like a CQB rifle. And I think this simple set up of the MRO and Samson backup sights is a perfect match for this AR-15. With my skill level, I doubt I’ll be seeing any 1″ groups with a red dot, but I’m still excited to get the MRO to the range. Stay tuned for my results.
- Windham Weaponry SRC
- Trijicon MRO
- Samson Quick Flip Front & Rear Sights
- Voodoo Tactical MOLLE Hayden Plate Carrier
- AR500 Armor 10″ x 12″ ASC Level III+ Body Armor, Generation II
- Voodoo Tactical Rifle Case
- AR500 Armor Tactical Emergency Personal Injury Kit
- Mechanix Wear Tactical Gloves