A machine gun is a fully-automatic firearm that fires rifle-caliber ammunition with a single pull of the trigger. Civilian ownership in the U.S. has been heavily curtailed and federally regulated since 1934.
FN MINIMI 5.56 Mk3 Light Machine Gun (Shown Above):
- Operating principle: Gas operated, rotating bolt
- Weapon length: Extended: 939mm (36.96″), Collapsed: 863mm (33.97″)
- Barrel length: 349mm (13.74″)
- Feeding: Belt + box + pouch + magazine
- Weight: ~ 8kg (~ 17.63 lb)
- Cyclic rate of fire: ~ 800 rounds/min