An assault rifle is a rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge, has a detachable magazine, and can switch between semi-automatic and fully-automatic fire.
Second Amendment Note:
In order to promote fear, the term “assault rifle” is often used by the anti-gun crowd as a label for rifles that do not fall into this category. A semi-automatic rifle, by definition, is NOT an assault rifle. The term “assault rifle” has nothing to do with the appearance of a rifle.
An AR-15 rifle IS NOT an assault rifle!
Heckler & Koch HK433 (Shown Above):
- Caliber: 5.56 mm x 45
- Operating Principle: Gas-operated
- Magazine Capacity: 30 rounds
- Modes of Fire: Single fire/full auto
- Rate of Fire: approx. 700/min
- Modular and light design. Compact dimensions.
- Barrel length individually configurable. Easy barrel exchange at the operators or maintenance level.
- Fully ambidextrous weapon operation for both right-handed and left-handed shooters. Non-reciprocating charging handle, convertible from left to right without tools.
- Special material properties and surface treatments allow for a reliable and low-maintenance system suitable for the most extreme conditions.
- Lower receiver with double-sided operating concept for G36 or HK416/AR-15 users.
- Drop safety as per AC225/D14 when on or off safety.
- Monolithic upper receiver with STANAG 4694 profile at 12 o’clock position. Modular Slim Line handguard with HKey interfaces on 3 and 9 o’clock positions as well as Picatinny rail as per MIL-STD 1913 on 6 o’clock position.
- Maintenance-free round counter integrated in receiver, no energy supply required.
- Foldable, retractable buttstock with height-adjustable cheek rest. Weapon can also be used with the buttstock in the folded-in position.
- Tool-free assembly/disassembly of the main assemblies.
- Cocking in all safety positions possible.
- Wide variety of accessories available, such as training bolt group, bayonet, suppressor, drum magazine, brass catcher, blank firing attachment, forward grip or bipod.
- Infrared-absorbing coatings possible.