Apex Seeking Experienced CNC Machine Operators
PEORIA, Ariz. – (ArmsVault.com) – Apex Tactical Specialties, the industry’s leader in the design, development and manufacture of aftermarket trigger kits for pistols, is seeking candidates for the position of CNC Machine Operator at their Peoria, Arizona facility.
The Machine Operator position is critical to continued growth and expansion of Apex. Machine operators are essential to increasing and maintaining in-house manufacturing of Apex’s growing line of products.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Maintains production
- Aids in designing and implementing new fixtures and tooling
- Edits programs for optimal function and time efficiency
- Troubleshoots programs and machine problems
- Works closely with Production Controller to aid in programming strategies
- Performs in process inspection of manufactured parts
- Monitors tool wear and makes machine offsets to compensate
- Performs daily machine maintenance including maintaining oil and coolant levels
- Loads and runs programs
- Alters offsets to assure parts are of the proper size as manufactured
- Performs first article inspections for other operators
- Responsible for the upkeep and cleaning of shop and finishing area
- Other miscellaneous tasks as assigned
Key Qualifications (will vary by skill level):
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience running Haas Vertical Mill
- Must have a good understanding of G-Code programming and editing
- Must be proficient in use of hand held measurement tools including:
– Dial and digital calipers
– Dial and digital micrometers
– Gauge pins and blocks
– Various other types of measurement equipment
- Understanding of G-Code programming and editing
- Must be punctual and possess good work ethic
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Demonstrate good problem solving and analytical skills
- Basic PC competency to include MS Word, Excel, and internet and ability to use general office equipment including pens, computer mouse, keyboard, etc.
- Ability to understand and learn company terminology
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Climate controlled shop
- Continuous education/training
- Monthly company lunches/events
- Employee purchase programs
- Fun, relaxed, and team-driven environment
If you do not meet the minimum qualifications for this position, please do not apply.
Interested candidates can submit a resume and apply through ZipRecruiter.