Ruger Announces Second Custom Shop 10/22 Competition Rifle
(ArmsVault.com) – Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE-RGR) is proud to introduce its third addition to the newly launched Ruger® Custom Shop. This variation of the Ruger Custom Shop 10/22® Competition Rifle features a natural brown laminate stock and stainless steel barrel.
The 10/22 Competition Rifle features a hard-coat anodized, CNC-machined, heat treated and stress relieved 6061-T6511 aluminum receiver with an integral, optics-ready, 30 MOA Picatinny rail. The custom receiver is paired with a heat treated and nitrided CNC-machined match bolt that creates a tight-fitting, smooth action enabling the highest level of performance. The dual bedding system incorporates a second bedding lug, ensuring the receiver is securely bedded to the stock. This rifle also features an innovative second barrel locator to provide a free-floating barrel for superior accuracy. The receiver incorporates a rear cleaning port, providing access to the barrel from the rear of the receiver for ease of cleaning.
The 16-⅛” stainless steel bull barrel features black cerakote accents and is fluted to reduce weight and dissipate heat. The ½”-28 thread pattern accommodates the included muzzle brake or other popular muzzle accessories. The barrel also features a proprietary, enhanced semi-auto chamber which has proven to increase accuracy and precision while not compromising reliable feeding and extraction.
The natural brown laminate stock features a fully adjustable cheek rest, which can be repositioned horizontally and vertically to create a custom-adjusted feel that is stable, comfortable and repeatable.
This feature-packed 10/22 comes equipped with: the popular Ruger BX-Trigger® which provides a smooth take-up and crisp break; an oversized bolt handle for ease of charging; a match bolt release that allows the bolt to be released forward with a quick pull to the rear and release; and an extended, ambidextrous magazine release.
This rifle ships in a hard case and includes a detachable 10-round rotary magazine, Ruger Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity, challenge coin, cleaning cloth and decal.
Ruger Custom Shop 10/22 Competition Rifle:
- Caliber: 22 LR
- Model Number: 31127
- Capacity: 10
- Receiver Material: Aluminum
- Receiver Finish: Hard-Coat Anodized Black
- Weight: 6 lb.
- Barrel Material: Stainless Steel
- Barrel Finish: Satin Stainless, Black Cerakote Accents
- Barrel Length: 16.12″
- Twist1: 16″ RH
- Grooves: 6
- Stock: Natural Brown Laminate
- Length of Pull: 13.50″
- Sights: None – Optics-Ready, 30 MOA Picatinny Rail
- Suggested Retail: $899.00
- Fully adjustable cheek rest can be repositioned to accommodate varying comb heights and positions to create a custom-adjusted feel that is stable, comfortable and repeatable for optic alignment.
- Hard-coat anodized, CNC-machined receiver made from heat treated and stress relieved 6061-T6511 aluminum allows for optimal receiver-to-bolt interaction and a match-grade feel.
- Proprietary, enhanced semi-auto chamber proven to increase accuracy and precision while not compromising reliable feeding and extraction.
- BX-Trigger® with a light, crisp 2.5 – 3 pound trigger pull weight with minimal overtravel and a positive reset.
- Dual bedding system incorporates a second bedding lug, ensuring the receiver is securely bedded to the stock.
- Heat treated and nitrided CNC-machined match bolt that creates a tight-fitting, smooth action enabling the highest level of performance.
- Receiver incorporates a rear cleaning port, providing access to the barrel from the rear of the receiver for ease of cleaning.
- Top barrel locator allows for a free-floating barrel for superior accuracy.
- Detachable 10-round rotary magazine features a unique rotor to separate cartridges and provide reliable feeding.
- 16-1/8″ cold hammer-forged bull barrel is fluted to reduce weight and dissipate heat and is also threaded with a 1/2″-28 pattern to accommodate the included muzzle brake or other barrel accessories.
- Positive, push-button, cross-bolt manual safety.
- Integral, optics-ready 30 MOA Picatinny rail for increased long-range elevation capabilities.
- Match bolt release allows you to easily advance the nitrided bolt with a quick pull and release to the rear.
- Heat-stabilized, glass-filled, polymer trigger housing assembly is precision made of high-tech material for improved manufacturing tolerances, impact and abrasion-resistance and an unmatched ability to withstand the elements.
- Compatible with the Silent-SR® sound suppressor – Learn More
- Also includes: hard case; Ruger® Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity, challenge coin, cleaning cloth and decal.
For more information on the Ruger Custom Shop 10/22 or to learn more about the extensive line of award-winning Ruger firearms, visit Ruger.com or Facebook.com/Ruger. To find accessories for the 10/22 and other Ruger firearms, visit ShopRuger.com or your local independent retailer of Ruger firearms.
About Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. is one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of rugged, reliable firearms for the commercial sporting market. As a full-line manufacturer of American-made firearms, Ruger offers consumers over 600 variations of more than 40 product lines. For more than 60 years, Ruger has been a model of corporate and community responsibility. Our motto, “Arms Makers for Responsible Citizens®,” echoes our commitment to these principles as we work hard to deliver quality and innovative firearms.