Introducing the Protector Series and the 92G Vertec®/Centurion Tactical
Berryville, Arkansas — January 17th, 2018 – (ArmsVault.com) – Wilson Combat® is excited to introduce two new models – The Protector Series and The Wilson Combat®/Beretta® 92G Vertec®/Centurion Tactical.
The Protector Series – MSRP $1999.95
The Protector Series AR carbine and pistols from Wilson Combat® have been designed from the ground up to offer true rifle performance in a Tactical AR package. The heart of every Protector is our Wilson Combat® Match-Grade precision button rifled barrel-renowned in the firearms community as one of the most accurate AR barrels on the market that is mated to a Black Nitride treated Mil-Spec bolt carrier group with MPI inspected Carpenter 158 bolt for impressible long-term reliability.
Using a CNC-Machined, Mil-Spec forged upper and lower receiver set, the Protector Series AR carbines and pistols are lightweight and fast handling. The free-floating and rugged Wilson Combat® M-LOK® handguard has a slim, ergonomic profile that has ample rail and attachment surface and shields the black nitride finished non-adjustable gas block. Our durable and low-signature Armor-Tuff™ coating is individually applied to the receiver and barrel for a professional and practical, custom style finishing touch.
Our Wilson Combat® Match-Grade, precision button rifled stainless steel barrels are tested for accuracy and finished off with our Q-Comp muzzle device that provides excellent recoil control without exacerbating blast back to the operator. The Wilson Combat® exclusive 2-stage Tactical Trigger Unit is utilized for a trouble-free, superior, crisp trigger pull every time with a modular construction that simplifies takedown and cleaning after high round count training sessions.
Ergonomic comfort features like our machined aluminum Tactical Trigger Guard, Wilson Combat®/BCM® pistol grip and a Wilson Combat®/Rogers Super-Stoc (carbine versions only) complete this high performing package that is tailored to the needs of military, law enforcement or the well-armed civilian.
Available in 5.56 NATO, 300 Blackout or 300 HAM’R® calibers only in carbine or pistol version – The Protector will become your top choice when effective self-defense is a top priority.
- Wilson Combat® Mil-Spec forged upper and lower receivers
- Wilson Combat® Match-Grade Stainless barrel for superior accuracy and long service life
- Wilson Combat® low profile gas block
- Mid-length gas system for enhanced reliability and durability (5.56 and 300 HAM’R®), pistol gas on 300 Blackout
- Q-Comp flash hider/muzzle brake that reduces muzzle rise and flash signature while not increasing muzzle blast over that of a crowned muzzle
- Wilson Combat® M-LOK® compatible handguard with a 4” accessory rail and QD sling mount (no sling mount on the pistol model)
- Wilson Combat® nitride coated precision bolt carrier group with Carpenter 158 MPI bolt, one piece gas ring, heat resistant chrome silicon ejector and extractor springs for long service life
- Wilson Combat® M2 two-stage TTU trigger unit with a crisp 4.5-5# pull
- Wilson Combat® oversize tactical trigger guard
- Wilson Combat®/Rogers super-stoc buttstock (carbine) or Tailhook Mod 2 adjustable brace (pistol)
- Wilson Combat®/BCM® Starburst pistol grip
- Black Armor-Tuff™ finish
- D&H 30rd magazine (carbine), D&H 20rd magazine (pistol)
- Length: 36.5” with stock extended, 33.25” with stock collapsed
- Barrel Length: 16.25”
- Barrel Twist: 5.56 NATO 1-8, 300 BLK 1-7, 300 HAM’R® 1-15
- Gas System: Direct impingement mid-length on 5.56 NATO and 300 HAM’R®, pistol length on 300 Blackout
- Weight: 6# 1oz (average)
- Magazine Capacity: 30 rounds
- Order Numbers:
- 5.56 NATO caliber TR-PC-556-BL or TR-PC-556-CT
- 300 Blackout caliber TR-PC-300B-BL or TR-PC-300B-CT
- 300 HAM’R caliber TR-PC-300H-BL or TR-PC-300H-CT
- Length: 30” with brace extended, 27.5” with brace collapsed
- Barrel Length: 11.3”
- Barrel Twist: 5.56 NATO 1-8, 300 BLK 1-7, 300 HAM’R® 1-15
- Gas System: Direct impingement carbine length on 5.56 NATO and 300 HAM’R®, pistol length on 300 Blackout
- Weight: 5# 10oz (average)
- Magazine Capacity: 20 rounds
- Order Numbers:
- 5.56 NATO caliber TR-PP-556-BL
- 300 Blackout caliber TR-PP-300B-BL
- 300 HAM’R caliber TR-PP-300H-BL
The 92G Vertec®/Centurion Tactical – MSRP $1495.00
The Wilson Combat®/Beretta® Centurion Tactical is now available with a Vertec®-grip frame conversion. This conversion, performed by Wilson Combat® gunsmiths reduces the size of the frame to the significantly smaller Beretta® Vertec® size which is ideal for shooters with smaller hands or who prefer the straighter, more 1911-style grip.
Our skilled gunsmiths reduce the grip frame to Vertec® size, checker the backstrap to match the front and complete the process with a frame refinish in matte Black Armor-Tuff™. This pistol comes standard with indestructible Black Wilson Combat® G10 grips.
The 92G Vertec®/Centurion Tactical features all-steel Beretta® and Wilson Combat® custom parts. Some features of the limited-production 92G Vertec®/Centurion Tactical include steel ambidextrous decocker-only levers (G model), Centurion length slide, a modified M9A1-style checkered frame with accessory rail, and rounded trigger guard.
The 92G Centurion Tactical ships with two 17 and one 20-round capacity magazines. This new model also features an Elite-style, match-grade stainless barrel with a recessed target crown for enhanced accuracy and an Ameriglo “Hackathorn” high visibility dovetailed tritium front sight paired with a Wilson Combat black battlesight rear.
The 92G Vertec®/Centurion Tactical also features Black Wilson Combat® G10 grips, Wilson Combat® Mag Guide and oversize mag release and other custom features to enhance overall shooting and tactical performance. Like all Wilson Combat®/Beretta® collaborations, this model has factory optimized action parts and improved slide to frame tolerances. Additional custom services are available for the 92G Vertec®/Centurion Tactical.
Although the 92G Vertec®/Centurion Tactical has been optimized by Beretta® to meet the needs of high round count tactical and competitive shooters, further customization and finish work is available through Wilson Combat®. Possession of the pistol must be taken first, no further customizations can be done prior to shipment.
This model is exclusive to Wilson Combat® and available direct from Wilson Combat® or from Wilson Combat® dealers only. Not available for purchase to MA residents.
- M9A1/Vertec® Frame with 92A1 round trigger guard profile and improved checkering
- Shortened 92G Vertec® Slide
- Slide to frame fit as tight as practical within production gun limits
- Ameriglo “Hackathorn” design tritium with orange ring, dovetail front sight
- Stainless barrel with recessed crown, 4.3”, black Bruniton finish
- Oversize steel magazine release
- Steel G model de-cocking levers
- Skeletonized Elite II hammer
- Chrome Silicon Action Tune
- 13lb hammer spring
- Wilson Combat® Mag Guide
- Steel trigger
- Wilson Combat® rear u-notch battlesight
- G10 Vertec® Black grips with Wilson Combat® logo medallion
- Wilson Combat® logo on slide
- Two 17rd and one 20rd Beretta® magazines
- Available Calibers: 9mm
- Magazine Capacity: 17 or 20 Rounds
- Barrel Length: 4.3”
- Overall Length: 7.75”
- Sight Radius: 5.75”
- Height: 5.5”
- Width: 1.5”
- Weight Empty (with 17rd magazine): 33.2oz
- Weight Loaded with 18rds: 40.7oz
About Wilson Combat®
Since 1977 Wilson Combat® has been the leading innovator in high-performance, custom 1911 handguns, tactical long guns, and accessories. A Wilson Combat® product’s unmatched level of exceptional reliability and peerless craftsmanship is only equaled by our legendary customer service. Learn more about us at http://www.wilsoncombat.com