Ruger Precision Rifle Available in 5.56 NATO/.223 Rem.
(ArmsVault.com) – Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR) is pleased to introduce the Ruger Precision Rifle® chambered in 5.56 NATO/.223 Rem. Delivering low recoil and exceptional accuracy potential from a wide variety of 5.56 NATO and .223 Rem. ammunition, the availability of the Ruger Precision Rifle in this new chambering broadens the appeal of the already very popular rifle.
Whether launching high ballistic coefficient .223 projectiles, working from the bench making tiny 100 yard groups, or learning to read wind with low cost ammunition, trigger time with this newest Ruger Precision Rifle will be worthwhile and enjoyable.
This new model of Ruger Precision Rifle employs a hybrid “Target” chamber, which safely accommodates 5.56 NATO cartridges while providing excellent projectile control and accuracy for both .223 Rem and 5.56 NATO cartridges. The rifle ships with two, 10-round AI-Style Precision Rifle magazines that accommodate 5.56 NATO and .223 Rem. factory ammunition loaded with the longer, higher ballistic coefficient projectiles popular among long-range shooters.
Like all Ruger Precision Rifles, this model’s highly accurate, free-floated barrel is cold hammer-forged from 4140 chrome-moly steel and features 5R rifling for minimum bullet upset. Minimum bore and groove dimensions (air-gauged for process control) and a centralized chamber deliver outstanding accuracy, longevity and ease of cleaning. This new model features a 1:7 twist rate that stabilizes long-for-caliber projectiles.
All models of the Ruger Precision Rifle are equipped with a left-folding stock with adjustable comb height and length of pull, an ergonomic pistol grip and a Precision Rifle handguard, all of which may be customized with AR-style components. The Ruger Precision Rifle also features a Ruger Precision Rifle Hybrid Muzzle Brake, a 20 MOA scope base and the Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ trigger, which provides a user-adjustable pull weight range between 2.25 and 5 pounds.
The value proposition of the Ruger Precision Rifle is without peer. With top-tier accuracy, adjustable ergonomics and the rugged reliability and affordability for which Ruger is famous, this new chambering broadens the Ruger Precision Rifle’s utility across a wide range of readily available ammunition.
For more information on the Ruger Precision Rifle or to learn more about the extensive line of award-winning Ruger firearms, visit Ruger.com or Facebook.com/Ruger. To find accessories for the Ruger Precision Rifle and other Ruger firearms, visit ShopRuger.com or your local independent retailer of Ruger firearms.
Ruger Precision Rifle:
- Model Number: 18019
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO / 223 REM
- Stock: Folding, Adjustable Length of Pull and Comb Height
- Barrel Length: 20″
- Barrel: Cold Hammer-Forged, 5R Rifling
- Handguard: Ruger Precision Rifle™ Short-Action
- Twist: 1:7″ RH
- Grooves: 5
- Weight: 9.8 lb.
- Capacity: 10
- Height: 7.30″
- Overall Length: 39.25″ – 42.75″
- Length of Pull: 12″ – 15.50″
- Folded Length: 31.60″
- Width: 3.30″
- Suggested Retail: $1599.00
- 5.56 NATO “Target” chamber safely accommodates 5.56 NATO cartridges while providing maximum projectile control and accuracy for both 5.56 NATO and .223 Rem cartridges.
- Medium-contour barrel features a Ruger Precision Rifle® Hybrid Muzzle Brake to effectively reduce recoil while minimizing noise and blast to the sides of the shooter (thread protector included).
- Cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel with 5R Rifling at minimum bore and groove dimensions, minimum headspace and centralized chamber.
- 20 MOA Picatinny rail secured with four, #8-40 screws for increased long-range elevation capabilities.
- “Upper” receiver and one-piece bolt are precision CNC-machined from pre-hardened 4140 chrome-moly steel to minimize distortion.
- Three-lug bolt with 70° throw features dual cocking cams and a smooth-running, full diameter bolt body.
- In-line recoil path manages recoil directly from the rear of the receiver to the buttstock, not through a traditional bedding system, providing maximum accuracy potential.
- Ruger® Precision MSR stock with QD sling attachment points features a bottom Picatinny rail and soft rubber buttpad. The left-folding stock hinge is attached to an AR-style buffer tube and accepts any AR-style stock. Length of pull and comb height are adjustable.
- Equipped with a Ruger Precision Rifle® Short-Action Handguard for improved scope clearance for long-range scopes.
- Magazine well front is contoured for a positive grip for bracing against shooting supports.
- Oversized bolt handle for positive bolt manipulation, with 5/16″-24 thread for easy replacement. Bolt disassembly tool is stored in the bolt shroud for easy striker channel cleaning. Also features a Ruger Precision Rifle™ Billet Aluminum Bolt Shroud.
- “Lower” magazine well halves are precision machined from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum and are Type III hard coat anodized for maximum durability.
- Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ trigger is externally adjustable with a pull weight range of 2.25 to 5.0 lbs.; wrench is stored in the bolt shroud.
- Extended trigger-reach AR-style grip and 45° reversible safety selector. May be configured with any AR-style grip and selector.
- Barrels can be easily replaced by a competent gunsmith using AR-style wrenches and headspace gauges.
- Also includes: Two, 10-round, Ruger AI-Style Precision Rifle magazines compatible with longer, higher ballistic coefficient projectiles.
About Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. is one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of rugged, reliable firearms for the commercial sporting market. As a full-line manufacturer of American-made firearms, Ruger offers consumers over 400 variations of more than 30 product lines. For more than 60 years, Ruger has been a model of corporate and community responsibility. Our motto, “Arms Makers for Responsible Citizens®,” echoes the importance of these principles as we work hard to deliver quality and innovative firearms.