During today’s range trip I was able to test my very first box of ammo from Underwood Ammunition. This particular 223 Remington 55gr ammo is loaded with the Controlled Chaos bullet from Lehigh Defense.
Although today I was only testing the accuracy of the Underwood 223 Remington Controlled Chaos round, I should point out that a huge selling point of this ammo is the substantial wound channel produced by the Controlled Chaos bullet.
The following video shows a gel test performed by the ShootingTheBull410 YouTube channel. This test gives you a great idea of what the Controlled Chaos bullet is capable of.
Note: In this test, he is using Lehigh Defense 223 Remington 45gr High Velocity Controlled Chaos Lead Free Ammo.
So, now that the more technical wound channel performance has been covered, on to the easy stuff. How accurate is the ammo?…
For today’s test I was using the Kavod Custom KVD-15 rifle with Nikon M-223 4-16X42 BDC 600 riflescope. The shooting rest used was my trusty P3 Ultimate Shooting Rest from CTK Precision.
The following Birchwood Casey Targets show my last three groups of the day. The group sizes are (from left to right): 1.04″, 1.25″, and .78″. For this shooter, these are very respectable results!
Underwood Ammunition 223 Remington 55 Grain Controlled Chaos:
- Item #: 425
- Caliber: 223 Remington
- Bullet Weight: 55 Grains
- Bullet Style: Controlled Chaos
- Case Type: Brass
- Ballistics Information:
- Muzzle Velocity: 3250 fps
- Muzzle Energy: 1290 ft. lbs.
- More Info: Underwood Ammunition
Kavod Custom KVD-15 BET:
- Caliber: .223Rem / 5.56mm
- Gas System – Carbine
- Stock: Magpul MOE Carbine (Collapsible)
- Grip: Magpul MOE+ Rubber Coated
- M16 Mil-Spec Bolt Carrier Group, Nickle-Boron (NiB) Coated
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Barrel Length: 16″
- Barrel Twist Rate: 1:8″
- Rail – Odin Works 15″ Sport
- Trigger Guard: Magpul MOE
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash hider on 1/2″-28TPI
- Handguard: Odin Works Sport Forend -15.5” Free-Float Rail
- Bravo Company Enhanced Mod3 Charging Handle
- Ambidextrous Sling Mount Plate
- 2 Magpul 30-round Pmags
- More Info: Kavod Custom
Nikon M-223 4-16X42 BDC 600:
- Magnification: 4 – 16 x
- Objective Diameter: 42 mm
- Exit Pupil: 2.6 – 10.5 mm
- Field of View: 6.3 – 25.2 ft @ 100 yds
- Tube Diameter – Other: 1 in
- Eye Relief: 3.7 – 4 in
- Objective Outside Diameter: 49.3 mm
- Eyepiece Outside Diameter: 42 mm
- Weight: 19 oz
- Overall Length: 13.5 in
- Adjustment Graduation – Other: 1/4 in
- Max Internal Adjustment: 40 MOA
- Parallax Setting – Other: 50 yds – ∞
- Side Focus: Yes
- Waterproof/Fogproof: Yes
- Light Transmission – Other: Up to 95%
- Spot On Custom Turret Yes
- Parallax Adjustment: Yes
- Matte Finish: Yes
- Centerfire Long Range
- AR (Modern Sporting Rifle)
- Reticle: BDC 600
- More Info: Nikon Sport Optics
CTK Precision P3 Ultimate Shooting Rest:
- Construction: Heavy-duty steel construction.
- Finish: Durable E-coat finish inside and out.
- Length: 25”
- Width: 18”
- Weight: 7.75 lbs
- Three point leveling system and thumb locks provide sturdy shooting platform.
- Rear Shooting Pad adjusts to accommodate both rifles and pistols.
- Y Rest adjusts vertically to quickly get you on target.
- Marine carpet on Rear Rest Pad and Front Y Rest is durable and protects firearms.
- Protective rubber feet won’t harm work surface.
- Optional Attachments:
- Gun Vise Attachment: Converts the Shooting Rest to a Gun Vise in seconds.
- Pistol Post Add-On: Great for laser grip pistols and short barrel revolvers.
- Made in the USA!
- More Info: CTK Precision