The accuracy testing of Aguila 223 Remington 55gr FMJ ammunition kicked off this week! The first rifle used to test the Aguila 223 FMJ ammo was the S&W M&P15T, which I have equipped with a Burris AR Riflescope (4.5-14x42mm).
For this first round of testing, the M&P15T was allotted 50 rounds of ammo. As expected, the ammo fed perfectly. So, the real question was what could the rifle, and average shooter (me), do with this ammo…
The following Birchwood Casey targets will give you a good idea of the accuracy I saw from the Aguila ammo. From left to right the group sizes are: 1.34″, 1.38″, and 1.39″. For my skill level, this was certainly acceptable performance!
As always, when testing ammo I try to put it through as many firearms as possible. So, stay tuned for the next round of testing as I run more Aguila 223 ammo through another AR-15.
Aguila .223 Remington 55gr FMJ (Full Metal Jacket):
- No: 1E223110
- Bullet Weight: 55gr
- Muzzle ft/sec: 3,216
- 100 yds ft/sec: 2,473
- Muzzle ft/lb: 1,263
- 100 yds ft/lb: 747
- More Info: Aguila Ammunition
Smith & Wesson M&P15T:
- SKU: 811041
- Model: M&P15T
- Caliber: 5.56 mm NATO
- Capacity: 30 Round Detachable Magazine
- Action: Semi-Auto
- Barrel Length: 16″ / 40.6 cm
- Barrel Twist: 1 in 8″
- Front Sight: Folding Magpul® (MBUS)
- Rear Sight: Folding Magpul® (MBUS)
- Overall Length: 35″ Extended / 32″ Collapsed
- Stock: 6-Position Telescopic
- Weight: 6.85 lbs. / 3,107.1 g
- Barrel Material: 4140 Steel
- Barrel Finish: Durable, Corrosion Resistant Barrel Finish
- Receiver Material: 7075 T6 Aluminum
- Receiver Finish: Hard Coat Black Anodized
- Chromed Components:
- Bolt Carrier
- Gas Key
- Professional / Duty
- Home Protection
- More Info: Smith & Wesson
Burris AR Riflescope 4.5-14x42mm:
- Item Number: 200333, 200334
- Magnification: 4.5-14x
- Reticles: C4 Wind MOA™
- Objective Lens Diameter: 56 mm
- Clear Objective Lens Diameter: 42 mm
- Ocular Lens Diameter: 39 mm
- Finish: Matte
- Focal Plane: RFP
- Main Tube Size: 1 in.
- Field of View: 22 low – 7.5 high (ft. @ 100 yds.)
- Eye Relief: 3.1 – 3.8 in.
- Exit Pupil: 9 low – 3 high (mm)
- Click Value: 1/4 MOA
- Elevation Adjustment, Total Capability: 42 MOA
- Example: 50 MOA is roughly 25 MOA from center.
- Windage Adjustment: 42 MOA
- Example: 50 MOA is roughly 25 MOA in any direction from center.
- Parallax/Focus: Objective PA
- Adjustable Parallax: 50 yds. – infinity
- Length: 13.0 in.
- Weight: 18.0 oz.
- More Info: Burris Optics
CTK Precision P3 Ultimate Shooting Rest:
- Construction: Heavy-duty steel construction.
- Finish: Durable E-coat finish inside and out.
- Length: 25”
- Width: 18”
- Weight: 7.75 lbs
- Three point leveling system and thumb locks provide sturdy shooting platform.
- Rear Shooting Pad adjusts to accommodate both rifles and pistols.
- Y Rest adjusts vertically to quickly get you on target.
- Marine carpet on Rear Rest Pad and Front Y Rest is durable and protects firearms.
- Protective rubber feet won’t harm work surface.
- Optional Attachments:
- Gun Vise Attachment: Converts the Shooting Rest to a Gun Vise in seconds.
- Pistol Post Add-On: Great for laser grip pistols and short barrel revolvers.
- Made in the USA!
- More Info: CTK Precision
Birchwood Casey Shoot•N•C® 8″ Sight-In Target:
- Bullet holes are revealed with bright chartreuse rings.
- Self-adhesive backing makes targets easy to put up.
- Convenient 1” numbered grid lines simplify scope adjustments.
- Great for indoor or outdoor use and low-light conditions.
- More Info: Birchwood Casey
Voodoo Tactical Enhanced 36-inch MOLLE Compatible Soft Rifle Case:
- Item: 15-7613
- Three Carrying Methods:
- Standard Handle in Center of Bag
- Shoulder Strap
- Back-Pack Style Shoulder Harness
- MOLLE Compatible
- More Info: Voodoo Tactical