It was a beautiful day at the range for sighting in the Burris AR Riflescope! As I mentioned last week, I decided to pair up the 4.5-14x42mm Burris with the Windham SRC for some rifle and ammo accuracy testing. But I should also note, this is my very first experience with a Burris optic, so I’m very excited to see how it performs as well.
When sighting in a new riflescope, I typically begin by getting on paper at 35 or 50 yards, then I’ll make final adjustments at 100 yards. Today, I was feeling a bit spunky, so I went straight for the 100 yard targets. For getting on paper, I used the more economical American Eagle 223 Rem 55gr FMJ before moving on to Hornady 223 Rem 55gr V-MAX ammo.
Once the Burris was sighted in, I saw some pretty typical results with the American Eagle ammo (2″ – 3″ groups). Those group sizes definitely decreased substantially when I switched to the Hornady ammo.
The following Birchwood Casey targets give you a pretty good idea of the accuracy I saw with the Hornady 223 Rem 55gr V-MAX. My group sizes averaged 1.5″ at 100 yards.
Although today’s results were respectable, I think the rifle is definitely capable of even better accuracy. Even with my limited skill level, I think I should be able to produce some sub MOA groups. I’ll continue to test various ammo to see what the Windham SRC prefers.
As for the Burris AR Riflescope… I would have to say that its maiden voyage was definitely a success. It provides a very clear and bright view, with plenty of magnification. You’ll be seeing a lot more of this riflescope on our site!
Burris AR Riflescope 4.5-14x42mm:
- Item Number: 200333, 200334
- Magnification: 4.5-14x
- Reticles: C4 Wind MOA™
- Objective Lens Diameter: 56 mm
- Clear Objective Lens Diameter: 42 mm
- Ocular Lens Diameter: 39 mm
- Finish: Matte
- Focal Plane: RFP
- Main Tube Size: 1 in.
- Field of View: 22 low – 7.5 high (ft. @ 100 yds.)
- Eye Relief: 3.1 – 3.8 in.
- Exit Pupil: 9 low – 3 high (mm)
- Click Value: 1/4 MOA
- Elevation Adjustment, Total Capability: 42 MOA
- Example: 50 MOA is roughly 25 MOA from center.
- Windage Adjustment: 42 MOA
- Example: 50 MOA is roughly 25 MOA in any direction from center.
- Parallax/Focus: Objective PA
- Adjustable Parallax: 50 yds. – infinity
- Length: 13.0 in.
- Weight: 18.0 oz.
- More Info: Burris Optics
Windham Weaponry SRC (Sight Ready Carbine) Specs:
- Model: R16M4FTT “SRC”
- Weight: 6.30 lbs (without magazine)
- Length Overall: 36.125” (32.375” with Telestock collapsed)
- Model: R16M4FTT
- Caliber: .223 Rem. / 5.56mm NATO
- Type: Rifle
- Action: Semi-Automatic, Gas Impingement System
- Capacity: 30 + 1- Ships with one 30 Round Magazine (accepts all std. sizes)
- Safety: Manual Lever with Indicator Markings on Both Sides of Receiver
- Receiver: M4A4 Type Flat Top Upper Receiver
- Receiver Material: Forged 7075 T6 Aircraft Aluminum with Aluminum Trigger Guard
- Receiver Finish: Hardcoat Black Anodize Finish
- Bolt Material: Carpenter 158 Steel
- Barrel: 16” M4 Profile, Chrome Lined with A2 Flash Suppressor
- Barrel Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium 11595E Steel w. M4 Feed Ramps
- Rifling: 1 Turn in 9” – Right Hand Twist
- Stock: 6 Position Telescoping Buttstock with Windham Weaponry Logo
- Forend / Pistol Grip: M4 Double Heat Shield Handguards / A2 Black Plastic Grip
- Rear Sight: None – Ready for optics or other type accessory sights
- Front Sight: None – Picatinny Rail Gas Block – Ready for accessory sights
- Packaging: Hard Plastic Gun Case with Black Web Sling & Operators Manual
- More Info: Windham Weaponry
- Windham Weaponry SRC
- Burris AR Riflescope
- CTK Precision P3 Ultimate Shooting Rest
- Voodoo Tactical Rifle Case
- Birchwood Casey Shoot•N•C 8″ Sight-In Targets
- Howard Leight Impact Sport Ear Pro
- Gargoyles Eye Protection
- Hornady 223 Rem 55gr V-MAX
- American Eagle 223 Rem 55gr FMJ
- CTK Precision P3 Ultimate Target Stand