To help out with some accuracy testing of the Windham SRC, we just got in the Burris AR Riflescope (4.5-14x42mm) with AR-P.E.P.R. Scope Mount.
Today consisted of getting the scope mounted, including crosshair alignment. The tools used for ensuring proper crosshair alignment of the Burris AR Riflescope included a couple products from CTK Precision. The P3 Ultimate Gun Vise was used to secure the rifle and make leveling adjustments, while the All Purpose Gun Level ensured that the rifle was level.
CTK Precision All Purpose Gun Level Instructions:
- Using the P3 Ultimate Gun Vise, secure the firearm for leveling.
- Install the All Purpose Gun Level on a flat part of your firearm.
- Using the leveling legs on the P3 Ultimate Gun Vise, level the firearm. Use the All Purpose Gun Level to determine when the firearm is level.
- Look through your scope at a vertical reference line to see if your crosshairs are straight. If they are not, loosen the scope mount screws and align them with the vertical reference line.
The vertical reference line can be any straight vertical edge. Example: A door jam, a hanging weighted string, a vertical pole, a leveled target. Make sure your vertical reference line is perfectly vertical by checking with a carpenter’s level first. For my vertical reference line, I tied a 5.56 round to the end of a string and hung it from the ceiling.
Burris AR Riflescope 4.5-14x42mm:
- Item Number: 200333, 200334
- Magnification: 4.5-14x
- Reticles: C4 Wind MOA™
- Objective Lens Diameter: 56 mm
- Clear Objective Lens Diameter: 42 mm
- Ocular Lens Diameter: 39 mm
- Finish: Matte
- Focal Plane: RFP
- Main Tube Size: 1 in.
- Field of View: 22 low – 7.5 high (ft. @ 100 yds.)
- Eye Relief: 3.1 – 3.8 in.
- Exit Pupil: 9 low – 3 high (mm)
- Click Value: 1/4 MOA
- Elevation Adjustment, Total Capability: 42 MOA
- Example: 50 MOA is roughly 25 MOA from center.
- Windage Adjustment: 42 MOA
- Example: 50 MOA is roughly 25 MOA in any direction from center.
- Parallax/Focus: Objective PA
- Adjustable Parallax: 50 yds. – infinity
- Length: 13.0 in.
- Weight: 18.0 oz.
- More Info: Burris Optics
Burris AR-P.E.P.R. Scope Mount:
- Full ring and base mounting solution in one
- Allows up to 2 inches of forward scope positioning
- Provides optimum eye relief and full field of view
- Includes both smooth and Picatinny ring tops
- Quick-detach models allow for fast mounting
- Available in 1 inch, 30 mm and 34 mm sizes. Available with or without Quick Detach mounting.
- 34mm size is designed with 20 MOA of built-in cant
- More Info: Burris Optics
Windham Weaponry SRC (Sight Ready Carbine) Specs:
- Model: R16M4FTT “SRC”
- Weight: 6.30 lbs (without magazine)
- Length Overall: 36.125” (32.375” with Telestock collapsed)
- Model: R16M4FTT
- Caliber: .223 Rem. / 5.56mm NATO
- Type: Rifle
- Action: Semi-Automatic, Gas Impingement System
- Capacity: 30 + 1- Ships with one 30 Round Magazine (accepts all std. sizes)
- Safety: Manual Lever with Indicator Markings on Both Sides of Receiver
- Receiver: M4A4 Type Flat Top Upper Receiver
- Receiver Material: Forged 7075 T6 Aircraft Aluminum with Aluminum Trigger Guard
- Receiver Finish: Hardcoat Black Anodize Finish
- Bolt Material: Carpenter 158 Steel
- Barrel: 16” M4 Profile, Chrome Lined with A2 Flash Suppressor
- Barrel Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium 11595E Steel w. M4 Feed Ramps
- Rifling: 1 Turn in 9” – Right Hand Twist
- Stock: 6 Position Telescoping Buttstock with Windham Weaponry Logo
- Forend / Pistol Grip: M4 Double Heat Shield Handguards / A2 Black Plastic Grip
- Rear Sight: None – Ready for optics or other type accessory sights
- Front Sight: None – Picatinny Rail Gas Block – Ready for accessory sights
- Packaging: Hard Plastic Gun Case with Black Web Sling & Operators Manual
- More Info: Windham Weaponry