Let me tell you… I have been dying to get the Trijicon MRO (Miniature Rifle Optic) to the range! I’ve had it mounted on the Windham SRC for a little over a week, but the weather hasn’t been cooperative when it comes to range time. Last weekend I was able to get to the range to test another rifle and optic, but I was able to squeeze in a few rounds with the Windham SRC and Trijicon MRO as well.
I only had 20 rounds of American Eagle 223 55gr ammo set aside for use, so this definitely won’t be a detailed review. Basically, it took me about 5 rounds to get the MRO zeroed at 50 yards. The remaining 15 rounds were left over for playing.
The following Birchwood Casey targets give you a look at my last 10 rounds of the day. I’m guessing you might be saying that I still need to adjust the MRO a few clicks to the right. And, you are probably correct. But, as I’ve mentioned in a few of my recent articles, my vision has become a bit of an issue lately when trying to zero iron sights and red dots. I really need to put a few more rounds through this setup before I can say for sure whether or not my zero is accurate.
My first impression of the MRO is definitely positive. At this early stage of testing, the most obvious advantages of the MRO are its large aperture and compact size. The only negative issue I noticed with the MRO is that the reticle adjustment dials don’t seem to have a positive click when turned. Actually, while at the range I didn’t notice any clicks at all. But, back in the quiet of my office, I could confirm that they do in fact click. But, the clicks are barely noticeable. The dials are very easy to turn, so hopefully they won’t be susceptible to accidental adjustments. I’ll let you know if this proves to be an issue.
Of course, we will be doing a lot more testing of the Windham SRC and Trijicon MRO. Stay tuned for more!
Trijicon MRO (Miniature Rifle Optic):
- Magnification: 1x
- Objective Lens: 25mm
- Clear Aperture: 0.805 in (20.4mm)
- Adjustments: 1/2 MOA per click
- Adjustment Range (Windage): 70 MOA Total Travel
- Adjustment Range (Elevation): 70 MOA Total Travel
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 2.6×1.7×2.0in (66x43x51.0mm)
- Weight: 4.1 oz (116g) – with battery and without mount
- Illumination Source: LED Powered by a CR2032 Lithium Battery
- Battery Life: 5 years of continuous use on Day Setting 3 (5 of 8) at 70°F
- Waterproof Depth: 100 ft (30m)
- Brightness Settings: 8 Total Settings (2 for use with Night Vision devices, 6 day settings, of which 1 is super bright)
- Housing Material: 7075-T6 Forged Aluminum Housing
- More Info: Trijicon
Windham Weaponry SRC (Sight Ready Carbine) Specs:
- Model: R16M4FTT “SRC”
- Weight: 6.30 lbs (without magazine)
- Length Overall: 36.125” (32.375” with Telestock collapsed)
- Model: R16M4FTT
- Caliber: .223 Rem. / 5.56mm NATO
- Type: Rifle
- Action: Semi-Automatic, Gas Impingement System
- Capacity: 30 + 1- Ships with one 30 Round Magazine (accepts all std. sizes)
- Safety: Manual Lever with Indicator Markings on Both Sides of Receiver
- Receiver: M4A4 Type Flat Top Upper Receiver
- Receiver Material: Forged 7075 T6 Aircraft Aluminum with Aluminum Trigger Guard
- Receiver Finish: Hardcoat Black Anodize Finish
- Bolt Material: Carpenter 158 Steel
- Barrel: 16” M4 Profile, Chrome Lined with A2 Flash Suppressor
- Barrel Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium 11595E Steel w. M4 Feed Ramps
- Rifling: 1 Turn in 9” – Right Hand Twist
- Stock: 6 Position Telescoping Buttstock with Windham Weaponry Logo
- Forend / Pistol Grip: M4 Double Heat Shield Handguards / A2 Black Plastic Grip
- Rear Sight: None – Ready for optics or other type accessory sights
- Front Sight: None – Picatinny Rail Gas Block – Ready for accessory sights
- Packaging: Hard Plastic Gun Case with Black Web Sling & Operators Manual
- More Info: Windham Weaponry
Samson Quick Flip Front & Rear Sight Package:
- SKU: QF-HK-A2-PKG
- Material: 6061 Aluminum
- Quick Flip Spring Deploy
- Front Sight: HK Halo
- Rear Sight: A2 Dual Aperture
- Front Sight Weight: 1.31 oz
- Rear Sight Weight: 1.55 oz
- More Info: Samson Manufacturing
CTK Precision P3 Ultimate Shooting Rest:
- Construction: Heavy-duty steel construction.
- Finish: Durable E-coat finish inside and out.
- Length: 25”
- Width: 18”
- Weight: 7.75 lbs
- Three point leveling system and thumb locks provide sturdy shooting platform.
- Rear Shooting Pad adjusts to accommodate both rifles and pistols.
- Y Rest adjusts vertically to quickly get you on target.
- Marine carpet on Rear Rest Pad and Front Y Rest is durable and protects firearms.
- Protective rubber feet won’t harm work surface.
- Optional Attachments:
- Gun Vise Attachment: Converts the Shooting Rest to a Gun Vise in seconds.
- Pistol Post Add-On: Great for laser grip pistols and short barrel revolvers.
- Made in the USA!
- More Info: CTK Precision