Ballistic App Launches Bluetooth Integration for Kestrel Pocket Weather Meters
Ballistic – The #1 Ballistic Calculator for iOS Devices Partners with the Leader in Wind and Weather Instruments – Kestrel
SAN FRANCISCO CA (December 2015) – (ArmsVault.com) – Ballistic App, the #1 Ballistic Calculator for iOS devices announces the launch of Bluetooth integration for Kestrel’s 5 Series and DROP products. The strategic partnership between Kestrel and Ballistic delivers real-time atmospheric conditions seamlessly into the Ballistic App. With the Kestrel integration, Ballistic users can now calibrate their shooting solutions with weather and environmental information from any location. More shooters and hunters are discovering and using the Ballistic App technology to enhance their skills and hit targets with precision.
Current Ballistic App users can access this Kestrel integration through a simple in-app purchase for $14.99.
“Our technical team has worked closely with Kestrel to make this integration a success,” explained Shaun Steingold, CEO of Momentum Labs. “It’s amazing what can be accomplished when two leading brands combine efforts.”
“We’re pleased to add the power of Kestrel® environmental measurements to the Momentum Labs Ballistics app. With accurate on-site wind speed and air density measurements sent wirelessly to the user’s iOS device, the Ballistics app can now calculate far more precise firing solutions. Kestrel’s Bluetooth Smart communications protocol is designed to make this integration seamless for app developers and users, and we’ve enjoyed working with Momentum Labs on this project,” said Alix James, CEO of Nielsen-Kellerman.
Ballistic Advanced Edition is a complete precision marksman tool for hunting, at the shooting range or at home with hand loads. Ballistic’s computations are powered by the world-renowned JBM Ballistics computer. JBM is used by world-class shooters to deliver extremely accurate calculations, even in areas without cellular coverage.
Ballistic Advanced Edition combines real-time GPS and atmospheric information with a vast library of over 5,000 projectiles and factory loads. Ballistic calculates trajectory, windage, velocity, energy, lead and bullet flight time for any valid range and can compensate for atmospheric conditions such as temperature, barometric pressure, humidity and altitude.
Users can also use its advanced features like Mil-Dot and MOA rangefinder with head-up display capabilities, full size charts, reloading companion, precision target log and an optional HUD for mounted firing.
- All the features of Ballistic Standard Edition, plus …
- Designed for advanced shooters, law enforcement and military personnel
- Advanced Head-up display (HUD) for real-time angle acquisition and one-touch atmospheric correction
- Bryan Litz’s custom G7 ballistic coefficients
- 3D Trajectory Imaging for visualizing bullet path in a 3-dimensional layout
- Mil-Dot Rangefinder with Ballistics
- The Advanced Wind Kit™ for creating complex wind simulations
- All the features of Ballistic Advanced Edition, plus …
- Fully integrated split screen ballistics, favorites and range log
- Automatically updates ballistic calculations as you edit
- Full-screen, hi-resolution charts with 3D trajectory imaging
- Full-screen HUD (Head-Up Display) with real-time angle acquisition
- Full-screen Mil-Dot rangefinder ballistics with additional on-screen controls and information
- World renowned JBM Ballistics engine for the most precise, accurate calculations in the industry
- Load library of over 5,000 commercial and military projectiles and factory loads
- One-touch atmospheric correction
- Ballistic charts to show drop, energy, velocity and compare wind drift
- Target log to keep a journal of all hunts, shoots, scores, and groupings
- Estimate distance using Mil-Dot or MOA reticle measurements
- Angular acquisition and adjustable units to calculate your own ballistic coefficients
“Ballistic Advanced Edition was created by avid shooter for avid shooters,” explained Shaun Steingold, CEO of Momentum Labs. “It’s consistently the #1 ballistic app in the App Store for good reason – it delivers actionable information that helps improve accuracy.”
The Kestrel Weather & Environmental Meters line includes dozens of products to monitor, record and log weather & environmental data enabling users to “know their conditions.” Kestrel meters and loggers are manufactured by Nielsen-Kellerman (NK), which has been building technically advanced environmental instruments for close to 20 years. Kestrel products are employed by thousands of users to keep them safe and informed as they work and play. Every Kestrel meter offers patented features and is rugged, accurate, waterproof, easy-to-use and backed by an industry-leading five-year warranty as well as designed, developed, built, tested and supported entirely in the USA. NK is proud to be both a recognized leader in lean manufacturing and process improvement and an award-winning top workplace.
About Ballistic App
Ballistic App was developed by avid shooters who wanted to build a reliable tool that could immediately adjust calculations for current weather conditions, altitude and convert between yards/meters. They discovered the iPhone was a great device for calculating real-time data. Top-ranking Ballistic App was created and refined to serve shooters and hunters who strive to perfect their marksmanship. Learn more at BallisticApp.com.