The first optic we will be testing on the Windham Weaponry SRC is the Trijicon MRO (Miniature Rifle Optic). This new red dot has been receiving a lot of very positive reviews online, so I’m definitely excited to log in some time with it.
Trijicon offers three mounts for the MRO; a Low Mount, Lower 1/3 Co-witness Mount, and a Full Co-witness Mount. I selected the Full Co-witness.
Installing the MRO and mount is a simple process that took only a couple minutes. The next step is to get it to the range for zeroing. However, the red dot already matches up perfectly with the recently zeroed Samson Quick Flip Sights, so there shouldn’t be much (if any) zeroing required.
With any luck, we’ll get the Windham SRC and Trijicon MRO to the range this weekend. Stay tuned for updates!
We ordered the Trijicon MRO and Full Co-Witness Mount from Mounting Solutions Plus. Be sure to check them out!
The shooting rest shown in the above image is the P3 Ultimate Shooting Rest from CTK Precision.
Trijicon MRO (Miniature Rifle Optic):
- Magnification: 1x
- Objective Lens: 25mm
- Clear Aperture: 0.805 in (20.4mm)
- Adjustments: 1/2 MOA per click
- Adjustment Range (Windage): 70 MOA Total Travel
- Adjustment Range (Elevation): 70 MOA Total Travel
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 2.6×1.7×2.0in (66x43x51.0mm)
- Weight: 4.1 oz (116g) – with battery and without mount
- Illumination Source: LED Powered by a CR2032 Lithium Battery
- Battery Life: 5 years of continuous use on Day Setting 3 (5 of 8) at 70°F
- Waterproof Depth: 100 ft (30m)
- Brightness Settings: 8 Total Settings (2 for use with Night Vision devices, 6 day settings, of which 1 is super bright)
- Housing Material: 7075-T6 Forged Aluminum Housing
- More Info: Trijicon
Windham Weaponry SRC (Sight Ready Carbine) Specs:
- Model: R16M4FTT “SRC”
- Weight: 6.30 lbs (without magazine)
- Length Overall: 36.125” (32.375” with Telestock collapsed)
- Model: R16M4FTT
- Caliber: .223 Rem. / 5.56mm NATO
- Type: Rifle
- Action: Semi-Automatic, Gas Impingement System
- Capacity: 30 + 1- Ships with one 30 Round Magazine (accepts all std. sizes)
- Safety: Manual Lever with Indicator Markings on Both Sides of Receiver
- Receiver: M4A4 Type Flat Top Upper Receiver
- Receiver Material: Forged 7075 T6 Aircraft Aluminum with Aluminum Trigger Guard
- Receiver Finish: Hardcoat Black Anodize Finish
- Bolt Material: Carpenter 158 Steel
- Barrel: 16” M4 Profile, Chrome Lined with A2 Flash Suppressor
- Barrel Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium 11595E Steel w. M4 Feed Ramps
- Rifling: 1 Turn in 9” – Right Hand Twist
- Stock: 6 Position Telescoping Buttstock with Windham Weaponry Logo
- Forend / Pistol Grip: M4 Double Heat Shield Handguards / A2 Black Plastic Grip
- Rear Sight: None – Ready for optics or other type accessory sights
- Front Sight: None – Picatinny Rail Gas Block – Ready for accessory sights
- Packaging: Hard Plastic Gun Case with Black Web Sling & Operators Manual
- More Info: Windham Weaponry
Samson Quick Flip Front & Rear Sight Package:
- SKU: QF-HK-A2-PKG
- Material: 6061 Aluminum
- Quick Flip Spring Deploy
- Front Sight: HK Halo
- Rear Sight: A2 Dual Aperture
- Front Sight Weight: 1.31 oz
- Rear Sight Weight: 1.55 oz
- More Info: Samson Manufacturing
CTK Precision P3 Ultimate Gun Vise:
- Construction: Heavy-duty steel construction.
- Finish: Durable E-coat finish inside and out.
- Length: 25”
- Width: 18”
- Weight: 8.69 lbs
- Three point leveling system and thumb locks ensure stability.
- Rear Vise adjusts to accommodate both rifles and pistols.
- Front Y Rest adjusts vertically to fit all firearms.
- Closed cell PVC foam on Rear Vise and Front Y Rest is solvent safe, durable and protects firearms.
- Protective rubber feet won’t harm work surface.
- Optional Attachments:
- Shooting Rest Attachment: Converts the Gun Vise to a Shooting Rest in seconds.
- Pistol Post Add-On: Great for laser grip pistols and short barrel revolvers.
- Perfect for gun maintenance, gun cleaning, and boresighting.
- Convenient hook for holding cleaning rod.
- Made in the USA!
- More Info: CTK Precision