If you are reading this post, it is probably safe to say that you understand the importance of owning firearms. You are probably one of those pro-Second Amendment Americans that realize history has proven over and over again that bad people exist, and they are more than willing to inflict harm upon others. Hence, your realization that the firearm is a necessary tool for preventing evil-doers from having their way with you and your loved ones.
In addition to firearms, there are other tools that can protect you and your family in the event that you are faced with a violent threat…. Body Armor!
Not many years ago, the thought of civilians owning body armor seemed a bit far fetched. That has definitely changed! Today, body armor has become easy to acquire and very affordable.
At first, picking out body armor can seem a bit confusing. There are several companies to choose from, and different levels of protection. Because I am new to body armor, I researched several companies, and watched/read several product reviews. One company, AR500 Armor, always seems to be at the top of the Best Body Armor List!
To help answer some of my questions, I contacted AR500 Armor and asked for some guidance. I knew I wanted armor that could withstand both pistol and rifle rounds. I also wanted armor that wasn’t terribly uncomfortable. After all, my ultimate goal is to have have body armor that any member of my household could feel comfortable wearing. I finally decided to go with AR500 Armor’s 10″x12″ Level III+ Body Armor. These body armor plates are designed to improve comfort, maximize protection of your vitals, and minimize weight. And they fit nearly all industry standard plate carriers.
I’ll be reporting back as I become more familiar with this body armor from AR500 Armor. The next post will give you a look at how I set up my plate carrier. Stay tuned for more…
AR500 Armor® 10″ x 12″ ASC Level III+ Body Armor – Generation II:
- Threat Rating: Level III+ AR500 Armor® body armor is Stand-Alone and Multi-Hit capable. Designed to defeat rifle threats up to 5.56×45 M193, 5.56×45 M855/SS109 up to 3,100 feet per second, and 7.62×51 M80 Ball (.308) rifle threats up to 3,000 feet per second, and 7.62×51 AP (Black Tip) up to 2,800 feet per second.
- Construction: AR500 Armor® Ultra High Hard Ballistic Steel core and PAXCON spall & fragmentation mitigation coating
- Size & Cut: 10″ x 12″ Advanced Shooters Cut (ASC), Generation II
- Weight: 8.0lbs (+/- 5% due to PAXCON coating)
- Thickness: .26″ Ballistic core
- Shelf Life: 20 Years
- New Generation II ergonomic improvements
- 10” x 12” body armor will fit in Plate Carriers capable of accepting up to Medium and Large SAPI plates
- Outlasts Ceramic, Dyneema, and UHMWPE constructed body armor
- Rugged, Reliable, and Stress Fracture Resistant
- Multi-Hit capable and Stand-Alone
- Fully sealed design protects from Liquids, Chemicals, and Harsh Elements
- Certification, Independent, and In-House Ballistic Resistant Testing & Quality Control
- Designed to be used as a front or back plate
- Maintenance Free
- 100% Made in the USA
- More Info: AR500 Armor
- AR500 Armor 10″ x 12″ ASC Level III+ Body Armor, Generation II
- Windham Weaponry SRC
- CTK Precision P3 Ultimate Shooting Rest
- Voodoo Tactical MOLLE Hayden Plate Carrier
- Voodoo Tactical Open Top MOLLE Compatible Triple Rifle Magazine Pouch
- Voodoo Tactical MOLLE Double Pistol Magazine Mag Pouch
- Sig P226