Steyr Arms Releases Another Batch of White AUG A3 M1 Rifles
BESSEMER, Ala. (Oct. 21, 2015) – (ArmsVault.com) – Due to overwhelming consumer demand when Steyr Arms launched a limited run of White AUG A3 M1 rifles in March, the company announced today that it has received another batch of white furniture sets, and another limited batch of new White AUG A3 M1 rifles will begin shipping to dealers and distributors nationwide this week. The White AUGs proved to be immensely popular, selling out in a matter of days.
“We grossly underestimated the demand for the White AUGs,” said Steyr Arms CEO Scott O’Brien. “Our phone lines and social media accounts lit up as soon as word got out about the initial shipments to dealers and distributors, so we turned to our parent company in Austria to produce another batch of furniture. We are now working feverishly to build complete guns.”
The White AUG A3 M1 will be available in a Short-Rail version, a High-Rail version as well as an Optics version with either a 1.5X or 3X integrated scope. The AUG A3 M1 Optics version has a more traditional AUG scope tube with exceptionally bright and clear optical elements, modernized with the addition of three Picatinny rail sections to accommodate accessories like a close-quarters holographic sight. With 16 numbered slots, the High-Rail version was designed to accommodate the widest range of optic choices, and the 11-slot Short-Rail version was designed for use with a reflex sight or a longer-eye relief optic.
The rail and optics platforms on all three AUG A3 M1 versions are easily interchangeable via the three base screws that thread from the underside of the top of the receiver.
The AUG A3 M1 has all the classic features and benefits that established it as the pinnacle of modern rifle design, including expedited disassembly as well as simple conversion to left-hand operation, which requires replacement of the standard bolt with the optional left-eject bolt and swapping the ejection-port cover. It also features a quick-change barrel with a collapsible forward grip.
The White AUG A3 M1 includes one translucent polymer AUG 30-round magazine, a cleaning kit that stores in the rifle’s buttstock and an owner’s manual. Also available are 10- and 42-round magazines. Suggested retail is $2,099 for either railed version. The 1.5X and 3X optics equipped versions are available with MSRPs of $2,499 and $2,599, respectively. The AUG A3 M1 is also available in black, OD green and Steyr’s new MUD color.
The Steyr AUG: YSBR?™
About Steyr Arms
Created in 1864, Steyr Mannlicher, GmbH, is one of the world’s oldest and most prestigious firearms manufacturers. Steyr’s comprehensive lines of premium hunting rifles and precision sporting and tactical firearms are technically mature, and their subtle elegance also communicates the harmony between appearance and substance. Steyr’s legendary SBS actions and cold-hammer-forged barrels are distinctive and unparalleled. Steyr Arms is the subsidiary headquarters of Steyr Mannlicher in the U.S. For more information, contact Steyr Arms at 2530 Morgan Rd., Bessemer, AL 35022; call (205) 417-8644; or visit www.steyrarms.com.
Steyr AUG A3 M1 Specs & Features:
- Model: Steyr AUG A3 M1
- Purpose: Target shooting, military & law enforcement, multi-gun competition
- Manufacturer: Steyr Arms, Inc.
- Operation: Adjustable, short-stroke, gas-piston, semi-automatic
- Magazine type/capacity: Polymer double-stack detachable box/30 rounds (10- and 42-round avail.)
- Receiver material: Hard Eloxal-coated aircraft aluminum
- Caliber: 5.56x45mm (.223 Rem.)
- Barrel: 16.375-inch chrome-lined CHF barrel (18.375 inches with muzzle brake)
- Rifling: 6 grooves, 1:9 RH Twist
- Sights: Short 11-slot rail, High 16-slot rail, 1.5X optic or 3X optic
- Safety: Two-position trigger-blocking
- Trigger type: Single-stage
- Pull weight: 9 pounds
- Stock material/type: White, Black, OD Green or MUD synthetic/bullpup
- Length of pull: 15 inches
- Drop at comb: 0.435 inch (Short rail), 0.820 inch (High rail), 1.945 inches (Optic)
- Drop at heel: None
- Recoil pad: Elastomer; 0.3-inch thick
- Sling swivels: Two (front QD, rear reversible)
- Pistol grip: Integral
- Checkering: None
- Weight, empty: 7.7 pounds (Short Rail), 7.8 pounds (High Rail), 8.8 pounds (Optic)
- Overall length: 28.15 inches
- Included accessories: Owner’s manual, one 30-round magazine and an AUG cleaning kit
- MSRP: $2,099 (either rail), $2,499 (1.5X optic), $2,599 (3X optic)