SPORTS MANUFACTURING GROUP INC. IS SEEKING A BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ANALYST
New York, NY- SMG Inc. is an American company established in 2008 that specializes in the production of pneumatic guns under our brand “Gletcher”, as well as tactical and outdoor knives under the brand “Steel Will Knives”. SMG is launching both of its brands in the North American market and is seeking talented, driven individuals who will help take their company to the next level.
SMG Inc. is pursuing a Business Development Analyst that is passionate about knives and replica air guns. This position is a ground level opportunity with a young company that is looking to become a major player in the outdoor sporting goods industry. The Business Development Analyst will be responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing sales and business development activities for the company. The position is based in Brooklyn, New York and reports directly to the Director of Business Development. The right candidate will have the opportunity to play a significant role in the growth and direction of the company.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers to facilitate expanded sales opportunities.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of company products, operations, and systems.
- Maintain a current knowledge of industry trends, opportunities, channels, products, and competitors to support business development opportunities.
- Represent the company at industry trade shows, expos, and meetings.
- Contact SMG Inc. to learn about additional responsibilities for this position.
- Minimum of two (2) years of recent business development or sales experience working with chains, buy groups, dealers, and distributors in a two-tier distribution system.
- Strong knowledge of pricing policy and promotional strategies.
- Extensive knowledge of business practices in the outdoor sporting goods industry.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and direct projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple ongoing initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Product and industry knowledge of the knife or pneumatic gun verticals is an advantage.
About SMG Inc.
SMG Inc. is an American company established in 2008. They specialize in the production of pneumatic guns under the brand “Gletcher”, as well as tactical and outdoor knives under the brand “Steel Will Knives”. SMG prides themselves on making products with the highest level of performance, quality, and craftsmanship. For more information on their entire line of products, please visit www.smgoutdoor.com.