As mentioned in an earlier post, we recently received our Kavod KVD-15 rifle. Although Kavod Custom offers various sight options from Troy and Magpul, we decided to go with the SPLP sights from Midwest Industries.
As the name implies, the SPLP (Same Plane Low Profile) sights are extremely low profile, sitting only .437″ off the rail when folded. They are constructed of 6061 aluminum and hard coat anodized. Our first impression is that these will prove to be very durable sights.
I seem to be a bit indecisive when it comes to the foregrip. As of now, I’m leaning towards the Magpul Angled Foregrip. Once I figure that out, I’ll get it ordered and we’ll get the KVD-15 to the range.
Kavod Custom KVD-15 Bet Specs:
- Caliber: .223Rem / 5.56mm
- Gas System – Carbine
- Stock: Magpul MOE Carbine (Collapsible)
- Grip: Magpul MOE+ Rubber Coated
- M16 Mil-Spec Bolt Carrier Group, Nickle-Boron (NiB) Coated
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Barrel Length: 16″
- Barrel Twist Rate: 1:8″
- Rail – Odin Works 15″ Sport
- Trigger Guard: Magpul MOE
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash hider on 1/2″-28TPI
- Handguard: Odin Works Sport Forend -15.5” Free-Float Rail
- Bravo Company Enhanced Mod3 Charging Handle
- Ambidextrous Sling Mount Plate
- 2 Magpul 30-round Pmags
Midwest Industries SPLP (Same Plane Low Profile) Flip-Up Rear Sight Specs:
- Sits only .4375” when folded
- Extremely low profile dual aperture design
- Locking detent with large surface area for maximum strength
- Same ball detent battle proven design of #MCTAR-ERS
- Lock detent button with stepped down turns, to provide a surface you can grab onto if your hands are muddy or wet.
- Micro style windage knob featuring the same MOA adjustments as the standard M-16: .65 MOA on M-4 type rifles / .49 MOA on A-4 type rifles
- Made in USA with Lifetime Warranty
Midwest Industries Low Profile Flip-Up Front Sight Specs:
- Smooth ball bearing pivot detent
- Used standard A2 front sight post
- Automatically lock in the raised position with a locking detent
- Constructed of 6061 aluminum, hard coat anodized to provide a lifetime of service
The shooting rest used to display the KVD-15 is the P3 Utlimate Shooting Rest from CTK Precision.